Wedding Floral Arrangements: How to Get Just
What You Want
Your wedding floral arrangements are an important part of your wedding. Getting arrangements that you love doesn't have to be a difficult task, but you do need to think carefully about what you want and convey that to your florist. As you pick out your flowers, here are a few things to keep in mind:
- Make a list of all the wedding flower arrangements that you'll need. Too often, couples forget about a particular floral wedding arrangement when they are ordering their flowers. If you make a list before you begin looking, you'll know exactly what you need.
- Before you start looking at floral arrangements, you'll need to have booked your ceremony and reception site and know the number of bridesmaids and groomsmen. This way you can talk to the florist about the particular arrangements that you'll need for your wedding. You'll also want to know what colors your reception will be having and what colors your wedding party will be wearing.
- Visit at least three different florists if at all possible. Ask friends, coworkers, and family members about who they would recommend. Visiting a few different florists will allow you to get examples of different arrangements and to see who you feel most comfortable with. You may find that one florist can get special flowers for you that the others don't offer or that one will save you a significant amount of money.
- You may be able to special order flowers online if you can't find what you are looking for locally. In this case, be sure to get references that you can call so that you know that the company does a good job. Some of these companies ship flowers directly from exotic locations, meaning that the flowers you get will be fresh even when they are coming from foreign companies.
- Ask for an itemized quote at each place that you visit or contact. This will help you compare florists and make sure that you have everything that you need. You should also ask about the number of weddings that the florist is handling the date of your wedding so that you know how much time they have to devote to your wedding.
Getting just what you want in your wedding floral arrangements can happen if you choose your florist carefully and make lists of what you need. Many people find it helpful to create a list of questions that you want to ask each florist as well as the list of items that you'll need for your wedding.